Rate your hair health on a scale of 1 to 10!
5, 8, 9, 3…? How does one decide?
Maybe some health parameters can help you determine hair fitness. Visible signs like dandruff, itchy scalp, or hair fall that can predict your next shampoo purchase. Here at Hemtattva, we have a remedy to treat different issues. We provide herbal shampoo for dandruff as many people experience increased dandruff production due to stress-related issues. Furthermore, we offer a Natural shampoo for itchy scalp for people with irritating itchy scalps. We also provide herbal hair oil for hair fall, especially for those whose frequency of losing hair has increased over the years.
While our products are naturally safe and easy to use, Hemtattva would like to provide you with some excellent remedies to nourish your hair.
What causes hair breakage?
You comb your hair and realise that your hair is breaking easily. This happens due to damage and weakening of each hair strand. To identify the reason, you have to backtrack your hair treatments. This includes your frequency of over-styling your hair, excessive chemical treatments, medical conditions, and maintaining a hairstyle that causes pulling of the hair.
Here’s what each of these activities or causes can do to your hair:
- Over-styling your hair: curling irons, flat irons, and blow dryers that use high temperatures can damage and weaken the hair shaft, causing hair breakage.
- Excessive chemical treatments: From hair dyes to relaxers, and hair perms, chemicals applied to the hair for longer periods can cause serious damage in the long run. It starts with hair weakening, thinning, and breakage.
- Medical conditions: Hair breakage can also be caused by medical conditions, including anaemia, autoimmune diseases, and thyroid disorders.
- Tying hair incorrectly: Braids, ponytails, and buns cause hair breakage if done too many times.
❍ Natural Remedies for Strong and Growing Hair
Let’s explore these natural applications so you can pick and choose a home treatment that suits you the best.
1. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is rich in lauric acid, and it moisturises the hair shaft. This oil can naturally strengthen your hair, preventing breakage and it has anti-inflammatory properties.
2. Aloe Vera
The all-famous aloe vera contains amino acids, minerals and vitamins that strengthen hair, prevent breakage, and condition and moisturise the hair shaft.
3. Egg Mask
Crack one or two eggs in a bowl and beat them till they turn frothy. Apply the egg mix to your hair, starting from the roots to the tips of the hair. Massage your scalp and leave for 20 to 30 minutes. If you want to enhance its conditioning and moisturising properties, feel free to add honey or olive oil.
Eggs contain protein, vitamin A, vitamin E, folate, and biotin that help make your hair strong. It also helps restore the shine to your hair.
4. Sweet Almond Oil
Sweet almond oil can penetrate the hair shaft with vitamin E and Omega-3 fatty acids. It can make your hair super strong from within.
5. Chamomile Essential Oil
Chamomile is an essential oil that nourishes and hydrates hair. It has antioxidants that get rid of the free radicals damaging the hair. It also helps keep your hair frizz-free.
Knowing about the remedies that can help nourish your hair is useful, but it doesn’t hurt to practise some hair care tips as well.
For instance, use mild, herbal cleaners that do not contain chemicals. Moisturise with a safe and natural hair conditioner regularly. While combing your hair, detangle knots with a wide-tooth comb. Other hair care tips include:
- Get regular trimming done (ideally, half an inch) every 10 to 12 weeks.
- Use silk or satin pillowcases and tie your hair in a loose bun or braid while going to bed at night.
- Consume a healthy diet including vitamin E, biotin, and iron to prevent damage, grow hair, and maintain overall health.
- Stay hydrated with enough water as brittle hair is also a cause of dehydration.
- Opt for natural dyes like henna and Indigo as these nourish the hair with antioxidants and vitamins.
- If you do want to use heat styling techniques for your hair, ensure to maintain low to medium temperatures during use.
- Replace any harsh fabric towel with a soft microfibre towel to gently dry your hair.
Maintaining your hair health is crucial. Make sure to do it right with natural ingredients and change any unhealthy hair treatment habits. So, look no further than our natural and reliable solutions to healthy hair care.